People all around the world are becoming more health-conscious and this has led to a rise in the number of people signing up to the gym. As a result of this, we have incorporated salads and green vegetables in our diet with some of us even trying several hard-core diets in a bit to lose weight and live healthily. This is all a part of our new healthy lifestyle.
Naturally, some people see this as an ideal business opportunity. They wish to take advantage of our naivety by designing and marketing various products ranging from healthy packed foods to appliances that will apparently cook delicious food without too many calories. One of the more recent appliances designed to do just this is an air fryer! As the name would indicate, this is a healthier alternative to a normal fryer as it uses very little or no oil at all.
In fact, the appliance is supposed to use hot air mechanism that allows the hot air to move around the food and fry it. It’s a highly complex mechanism that will probably confuse more people.
The idea is great though but is it possible for air to be an alternative to oil and fry food? And does this appliance actually work? Having tried an air fryer, here are some of the pros and cons that we came across:
- When using this appliance, it can be clearly seen that it works and it works well. While some models don’t use oil at all, most will need up to 80-percent less oil than your normal fryer. This means that you might be able to cut down the fat and calories by up to 80-percent. This would be a perfect achievement for a health-conscious person who is finding it difficult to give up their favorite fried foods.
- Another major advantage of buying an air fryer is the ease of cleaning and maintaining the appliance. Most parts of this home appliance are removable and dishwasher-safe. This means that you no longer have to use up too much of your time to scrape the pan and work hard to make sure everything is clean!
- Remember when you used to make French fries or fry some chicken, it used to be frightening when you were about to throw the items into an oil-filled fryer that was sufficiently hot to burn your skin? Most people will have burned their skin at some point in their life while carrying out this task! An air fryer will be completely opposite to this and completely safe to use at home! There will not be any spillage of oil as the air is the element that does all the frying.
- Normally when cooking, we need a wide range of home appliances for various jobs. For example, you will probably have a grill, an oven alongside a fryer. An air fryer is the only appliance you’ll probably need because it seems to be capable of doing all of these jobs and all as a healthier version of the separate appliances. Once you test an air fryer out, you will realize that you can also bake, grill and roast food with this appliance. In this case, you can definitely consider it to be a multi-purpose air cooker!
- As with most household electronics, there are some negative points alongside the advantages. With this particular appliance, the main con is the small cooking space. Most units that are available at this moment in time have quite a small capacity. This means that you’ll have to cook food in batches rather than all in one go. This can be particularly difficult when you are making French fries for a large family!
- This appliance also takes a little bit longer to fry and cook other food items. In fact, it is bound to take double the normal cooking time of a normal fryer. To make some French fries, you can expect it to take around 20 minutes of your time. In comparison, a deep fryer would only take around 5 to 10 minutes.
After weighing up the pros against the cons, it is clear that an air fryer is the real deal. It is a highly effective home appliance that will be perfect for a healthy home. Due to the multi-purpose cooking feature, this appliance would be a must-have for every household.